Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

You sunk my... SOUL!

So I was at the cinema with Chris and Piecar recently when we witnessed something so offensive I nearly left the theater before our movie began. Be warned, once you have seen this it cannot be unseen.



At first I thought it was another transformers movie, but when I realized it was based on the battleship board game I was overwhelmed with fury. Is this really an economically viable idea for a film? I find it difficult to believe there aren't better scripts or ideas out there than basing a big budget blockbuster film on a board game (especially one this shallow).

I understand that from a marketing standpoint it makes sense to make movies that cater to the audience's sense of nostalgia. This way you already get people in the theater solely based on a familiarity with the plot, or curiosity... BUT COME ON???!!!!! BATTLESHIP!!!!????

This offends me so deeply. This trailer, more than any other tells me that this studio really thinks we are all nothing more than cats that would be entertained by rattling keys.


"hee-hee... it's like the robot is playing that game I liked when I was 8... yay! I LOVE THESE FEATHERS! How do they get them to float like this?!"



Stand up folks. Challenge yourselves and the hollywood system. Go online and look-up a film you've never heard of. Or rent a classic you've never seen, enjoy the ART of movie making. For the love of all that is good DO NOT go see this movie. If everyone boycotts this it will send hollywood a message, we are more sophisticated than this. You cannot keep spending this much money on the lowest common denominator. Let the artists working in your industry make movies.

The real crime is, for the same budget this crock got, the studio could have funded 10 small good movies, and each of them would have earned a small profit. Never mind this will likely bomb.


-Alex out.





P.S. Liam Neeson???!!!! WHY??? COME ON!!!!! I respect you as an actor. You are better than this.


0 comments:

Post a Comment